I'm GUILTY of Child Endangerment!

No, this is not part of a 12 step rehabilitation message, but I have to decide my penance, and figured the wisdom in this group (sic) would gladly help out!

As I drove to work today, I had to pass the large Catholic Church that is just up the road from my office, and its parochial school, just as the kids were leaving morning mass, and heading for their classrooms. I am sure there will be hundreds of complaints lodged about the children from their parents to the school later today, or first thing Monday morning.

It seems that as I waited for the hundreds of young children to stream by me at the stop light, that they all had the sudden urge to play "slug bug" (Oh, didn't I mention, I was driving my 71 standard?). I am sure there are a lot of sore arms, and I even saw one young man punch the Nun leading his group.

For my sin, I am heartily sorry... and for my smile, that I cannot seem to wipe off my face...

Reply to
vwluvrs

I work very near a school, and have driven past the playground a few times when recess was in session.. have yet to notice a single kid slug another kid. :/

Seems around here it's a dead tradition.

Reply to
Seth Graham

my fantasy is to drive my VW beetle past a large group of advanced karate students who are practicing outdoors. see all hell break loose when they go into 'slug bug' mode.

Reply to
Masqqqqqqq

What the hell is this "slug bug" thing?? Please explain...... I don't think we have that in Europe.

Ant

vwluvrs wrote in this freaking newsgroup:

Reply to
Ant

When you see a VW Beetle, you punch the person next to you in the arm, and yell Slug Bug. There is a controversy about the game, because some people think the New Beetles should be included, but the old purists say no. Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures
Bill Berckman

On the East Coast we call it Punch Buggy instead of Slug Bug ......

Sneaks

Reply to
Sneaks

any of the old far-- er, "experienced" people that visit the group know at all where the tradition's roots come from?

it's something that everyone over a certain age seems to know about.. but where did it come from? :)

Reply to
Seth Graham

When I went to school, 1st through 9th grade, kids would beat the shit out of each other even without any bugs in sight.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

...that explains a lot...

=-))

..Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

And Jan is skinny! Bet he hates his breathers.. :o)

J.

Reply to
BergRace

in the arm, and yell

some people think the

no.

Cincinnati VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures>

Busahaulic

Of course there's a point system too! We've kept kids busy on long trips, for hours competing for top score.

Silver=10 pts Gold = 25 pts Convertables = 5 pts?

Anyway, really helps occupy the kids and SO on those long trips.

Chris

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

I worked Summer Camp over the summer. And my Summer Day Campers were WELL aware of Slug Bug or Punch Buggy as we knew it.

I even was known to condone such activities on my van, as long as it didn't get too rough. Also tended to take routes were I knew we'd see parked bugs...

Reply to
Chad Schaeffer

Hehehe I could usually take care of myself.. usually.. :D

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 12:01:20 +0200, Jan Andersson shared the following:

"hates his breathers" huh? "breathers?"

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

Recess, I bet

Please forgive Joern and his somewhat unique vocabulary, he's a poor furriner :D

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

That reminds me. There's an intersection close to my sister's house and every time I go there I see beetles. EVERY time I sit at that intersection, at LEAST one beetle will drive by. Always on the same road. Last time I saw 3. Not new beetles either. I'm convinced there's a secret beetle society out there somewhere.

Kidd "Back in black. It's a fact."

Reply to
Kidd
*slugs the crap outta Sneaks* Punch Buggy!

Hehe.. or as my grandmother used to say "Slap wagen!"

Kidd "Back in black. It's a fact."

Reply to
Kidd

I'd never heard of it until I came to this group :-)

Hey, has anyone seen that episode of the Simpsons where they start to play Slug Bug? The school bus then drives past "Volkswagen World" where there's millions of Bugs, and all hell brakes loose!

Reply to
Howard Rose