wiring for the number plate light

Hi all,

Went to thread through the wire to the number plate light on my '68 1500 Type 1.

Stupid of me, but I don't remember how it got there!

Doesn't seem very VW to have exposed (insulated) wire running across the gap at the top of the decklid.

Does it thread through one of the hinge mounts?

If anyone can describe or direct me to a pic of it on the web, I'd be really grateful.

Cheers Spike

Reply to
Spike

george taylor

Hi

Must admit, am a bit shocked by that, seems so very un VW.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Cheers Spike

Reply to
Spike

The wire has a sleeve over it too, and it's usually clipped to allow enough to be flexible as the lid goes up and down. What is there to catch it and damage it?

Reply to
Dave Hall

Dave,

That's a good point.

And after opening and closing the lid a few times and getting used to it, the wire isn't visible at all so I guess on reflection it is a VW type solution: why route it through somewhere else, when it's insulated and you can't see it.

Spike

Reply to
Spike