Where is the oil dipstick? VW Transporter

Hi,

Just got a VW Transporter Van 1.6 turbo Diesel. I can't find the oil stick for the life of me. Can anyone direct me to where it is? Also, there is a red wire (thread coated) coming from top of the rocker cover but has become disconnected (was taped up previously). Any idea what this is?

Sorry to sound so vague. Any help appreciated.

Reply to
StealthUK

It has it's own door on the back so you don't have to open engine lid. Can also fill from same opening -- just pull out the top part.

Reply to
Mr Stick