01 V70 XC

Considering buying one. Bad transmission, good price. I am told that I can get a remanufactured trans installed by the dealer for $2700. Are they prone to transmission problems? Anything else to be aware of. TIA.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Landis

They are known to get transmission problems if you dont run even size tyres in front and back, so stick to same size and almost the same wear. If you run different size, the oil heats to much up and at some point destroyes the sealings etc. and you probably run out of oil.

Greetings Niels

Reply to
Niels Bengaard

I've never considered running anything but the same size tires front and back on any vehicle. Any other issues with the trans or the wagon in general? The trans slips and thuds when engaging. Thanks

Steve

Reply to
Steve Landis