1985 Volvo 240DL Instruments

I was doing some busywork on my new-to-me Volvo 240DL, testing some fuses to see if I could sort out why the radio doesn't work, and when I tested the car later, the gas gauge no longer works. The temperature gauge has not worked since I got the car, and I'm curious about fixing this. None of the fuses are popped, so it doesn't seem to be a fuse issue. Some of the molding is removed below the steering wheel for some electrical work that was done, I'm afraid it might be something as simple as a wire I might have jiggled loose. Is there a simple and quick way to remove the instrument panel, or is this going to be a huge hassle? I plan on replacing the dash anyway, so if I'm going to have to remove a good portion of the dash to get to the panel, I might want to do it all at once instead.

/Christian/

Reply to
Xian

Peter Breslauer