1990 740 2ltr Speedo (again)

Hi,

a while ago I posted about an issue with my speedo packing up. I've finally got round to sorting it out and have hit a brick wall in terms of progress.

I managed to find a working speedo in another 740 (same year, same engine etc). I drove the donating car to check the speedo and it worked a treat all the way up to 50mph.

I've now transplanted the known working speedo into my 740 and, guess what, it ain't working!

I've check the contacts in the dashboard and they're clean. What would you suggest I look at now?

Thanks,

Richard (keen amateur)

Reply to
Ricardo