1991 Volvo 740 Heater Blower Motor?

I've got a 1991 Volvo 740. The Htr Blower motor has stopped. I've checked and there is no voltage reaching the multi-speed dashboard switch. The fuse is ok. Removed the wiring harness and there is no wire connected to the three tab terminals on the back of Fuse 6, only the one wire to the fuse itself. How is voltage get from Fuse 6 to the Switch? Looked for some wiring diagrams on the net. Can't find the one I need. Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks, jlg

Reply to
jlg

I just replaced my failing blower motor on a 1990 740T. Is the motor ok? I assume you checked that first.

Matt

checked and there is no voltage reaching the multi-speed dashboard switch. The fuse is ok. Removed the wiring harness and there is no wire connected to the three tab terminals on the back of Fuse 6, only the one wire to the fuse itself. How is voltage get from Fuse 6 to the Switch? Looked for some wiring diagrams on the net. Can't find the one I need. Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.

Reply to
Matthew Pierce

As yo may have discovered - Lots of fuse labels are wrong. If Component X is stated to get its power from Fuse #10, it may instead get its power from elsewhere. Don't trust the fuse labeling for that. Sad but true.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ To send email, remove all < > and [ ] and the junk ~ between: [brucepick1] < a~t > [comcast.net]

jlg wrote:

and there is no voltage reaching the multi-speed dashboard switch. The fuse is ok. Removed the wiring harness and there is no wire connected to the three tab terminals on the back of Fuse 6, only the one wire to the fuse itself. How is voltage get from Fuse 6 to the Switch? Looked for some wiring diagrams on the net. Can't find the one I need. Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.

Reply to
Bruce Pick