1997 965 hub torque

Hi there !! I will replace the front hubs of my 1997 965, and was wondering about the torque value for the nut that holds the hub in place, and anything special I should look out for.

Thanks

Arnold

Reply to
Arnold

100 Nm + an additional 45 degrees. And you'll need a big bar, because this is TIGHT!
Reply to
Mike F

For front drive axles that have an angle spec following the base torque, I have found it useful to use an impact driver (also a godsend for getting the things loose!). After torquing to spec, I put a dot of Wite-Out or masking tape at the 10:30 position (for 45 degrees) and hammer until the mark is at

12:00. Just be sure the axle doesn't turn during that process.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee