2001 S40 Fuel Level Low Lamp

I've got a 2001 S40 1.9T. The "Low Fuel Level" light comes on when the gauge gets nearly to the bottom. The manual says the tank can hold 16 gallons with room for heat-related expansion. However, when I go to fill it up, I can't get more than 11 gallons into it.

Is it normal for the gauge to get so low, and trigger the light, with 5 gallons still in the tank? Is the gauge correct, and I really am nearly empty, but for some reason the emmissions control system isn't letting me fill it completely?

Thanks in advance,

Reply to
Erik Schneider

HI Eric

Mine is the same. Just ask the dealer to recalibrate the fuel gauge reading next time it go in for service.

I have not bothered as I will only end up running out of fuel.

Reply to
Jonathan