2001 V70 T5 -- Bulb Failure - Position Lamp

Bulb Failure Position Lamp

What the heck is a position lamp? I've walked the car and can't see anything burned out. The book doesn't mention a position lamp.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom

Reply to
Tom Scales

Try to move connector to lamps if it will not solve the issue try to disconnect main connector to CEM and check pins. Reconnect mentioned connector and evaluate situation finally.

BR

godik

U¿ytkownik "Tom Scales" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
rafal gaik

One of the rear 4, tail lamp bulbs are out. There are 2 taillight bulbs on each side. One is above the other. Look again and you will probably see that one is out. BD

-------------

Reply to
Big Dick

Yes, that was it. Sure wish it was better documented. All fixed now.

Reply to
Tom Scales

I have the same '01 T5 wagon and, now and then, get the same message. I found that if one taps sharply on the red plastic rear lens the light will function once again and the error message will vanish. I should get this problem fixed while it's still on warranty, but it will never happen in front of the dealer's service writer.

Reply to
TEF

Just tell the service advisor that you are interminently getting Bulb failure Position Lamp message in the (DIM) Driver Information module Then the technician will replace all of the position Bulbs Note if you are a do it your self person always change all of the bulbs @ the same time Glenn

Reply to
Glenn Klein