2007 xc 90 3.2 AWD

I have a line on a lease for new 2007 as above. Lease rate is 668. This includes tax and title 2 years with list price on car 45075. Is this a good deal and has anyone believe that such an offer will be available in March?

RPR

Reply to
RPR

Depends on how long you plan to keep the car I suppose. IMO leases are never a good deal, but then again one payment is more than I paid for my Volvo and I tend to keep cars a long time and keep them up well so they don't deteriorate. If you plan to swap cars around every few years it might be appealing.

Reply to
James Sweet

Whether it is a good deal compared to other leases depends on a lot more than the lease payment. In March 2007 I'm sure you will be able to find someone to give you a lease for that car with a monthly payment of $668, but you may not like some of the details of the lease. It would be best if you compared all of the details of the leases you are looking at rather than asking what the forum thinks of the payment.

In general you will pay a lot more to rent (lease) your automotive transportation over the long term than you would if you bought the car outright and maintained it. You are absorbing the early years depreciation much as the guy that continually buys a new car every three years. It is a way to get into a car with little money up front and you may end up driving a more expensive car as a consequence.

Reply to
Roadie

"Roadie" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Coming from Canada, that doesn't look bad - I have a quote now at $997.00 CDN, for 39 months. The car has a few options, but is the 3.2.

Reply to
DAF