Latest threads in Volvo automobilesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Mechanic Suggestion Volvo 740 Turbo 88
Could somebody please suggest a good mechanic for my volvo near Champaign, IL. Thank you very much. cc
10
10

Volvo Timing Belt Plastic Clip
I've heard there is a Plastic Clip that goes on the timing belt tensioner that prevents the Volvo 850 belt from slipping teeth. How would I locate one of these? ANy know a source, P/N, name etc???
2
2

After car on jackstands, brakes are mushy.
I had my 1987 740's front end up on jackstands for a few days. When I lowered the car and went for a test drive the front brakes barely worked. I drove the neighborhood pumping them and slowly they...
5
5

Won't start after change of timingbelt
Volvo 2,3L Penta won't start after change of timingbelt, the old one was broken. The belt have three marks, one for each sprocket (camshaft, distributor and crankshaft), so the job should be a piece...
7
7

volvo 850 lamda
The lambda sensor is on continuously on my 850 2.5 non turbo. Can i simply take it out and clean it or will it need replacing. Is it possible to test it as I have a multimeter. Also, when I start the...
6
6

changed battery in 1998 V70
I put a new battery in my Volvo and now I don't have a working speedometer or tachometer and the odometer reads in kilometers. And the service engine light is blinking constantly. Any ideas?
3
3

'82 264 GLE...A few questions before I try to get it running again
I just bought an '82 264 GLE and have a few questions. The car's previous owner stopped driving it about five years ago because she and her husband both were given company cars and she also had a...
3
3

Volvo 2000 Cross country turn off service light
Hi Please help 2000 Volvo XC directions on how to turn off service engine light. Thanks Ray
3
3

2001 C70
New problem never seen before and unable to find answer on google search. 2001 C70 convertible, 49k miles, USA model; the trip computer on startup shows "disc" with all the flags illuminated. Turning...
2
2

Best place to advertise for private sale of V70 R 2004
Thanks everyone for your replies - sorry, I should have said that I am in the UK! Any UK advice out there? Thanks again.
6
6

Rear Pinion Seal on 1990 740 Turbo
I've been told this needs replacing as it has a minor leak. Clear to see, as there is a bit of oil caught on the inside of the tire. Is this a job I can do myself? I have access to wholesale parts,...
2
2

An XNEWS question - - - - - - ts
I sometimes see my preview panel update automatically as I scroll the upper panel. What controls this feature??? It's really handy when it works, but I don't know what makes it switch modes. Thanks,...

Need some advice re. my 1989 Volvo DL SW...
rolf... before spending hard earned money on fuel pumps, mass air meters, etc. check the fuel pump/main relay. It is located on the firewall in the passenger foot well. Remove the fuzzy panel below...
5
5

850T right driveshaft questions
On 850 T 's right drive shaft side, the Intermediate shaft (from the gearbox) is connected to the drive shaft (has inner and outer CV joint.) Can this 2 shaft be seperate apart , Haynes manual didn't...
1
1

Volvo C30 released Sept. 28
The C30 is a new 2 door hatchback that will be available with a 220 hp T5 turbo. The following is an interactive video of the C30. It will introduce a new blind spot information system, BLIS.