Volvo Timing Belt Plastic Clip

I've heard there is a Plastic Clip that goes on the timing belt tensioner that prevents the Volvo 850 belt from slipping teeth. How would I locate one of these? ANy know a source, P/N, name etc???

Reply to
N91KS

It comes with the genuine volvo kit- is a white clip which clips to the piston rod of the tensioner. Not available separately.

Compressing and refitting the tensioner without knackering it is much more important than the clip.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

The Volvo part number is 1271851.