Latest threads in Volvo automobilesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Question about blower motor noise on 1987 740
I'm thinking of finally replacing my blower motor, but have a question. It growls on pretty much all speeds, but puts out lots of air. The usual routine is for it to growl all the time, then when you...

volvo 850 heater
My heater only works on number 4. I think it is the resistor pack for the motor that has burned out. Are they easy to access and replace. Where do I start looking? Thaks in advance Mike
1
1

Volvo 1988 740 GLE Low gas mileage.
I have a 1988 Volvo 740 GLE Wagon. It runs very rich. It does something like 18mpg or so in the city and around 23mpg or so on the highway. I changed the O2 sensor, the spark plugs are relatively new,...
20
20

S70 check engine light and battery removal
My battery was disconnected to do some maintenance, one of which was the replacement of my SAS valve/air pump, which triggered the Check Engine light. So far, the light hasn't come back on yet after...
3
3

2000 XC junk box
2000 XC check eng light and the arrow is blinking What does this mean Just paid 2, 800 to fix this junk box I hate this car !!! Someone please help!!! RAY
1
1

New Volvo V70 model?
I'm thinking of buying a Volvo V70 but found some spy pictures on the Internet of a new V70 model. Anyone knows if any changes are planned in the coming years? Until when will the current model stay...
2
2

780 and Parts
Have misc. parts left - hood, doors, fenders, complete turbo engine, tranny, wheels, email for specific info on what you need. Thanks

1997 960 sedan relay box location
I am loosing my mind! Can someone plz help me and send me somewhere that I can get a diagram and clear instruction on the location of the (FI relay, specifically), relay box. Thanks! I need the 960...
2
2

740 A/C system: low fan speed colder than high fan speed
I just converted my 1987 740 A/C system to R134. As of yet I have no evidence of leaks or of any system failure. As it stands, here are the quirks I am trying to understand. 1) This system is...
12
12

1997 960 wont start
Help!!! My car will crank great but wont start. Now it is starting!?! Sometimes it reverts back and I cant get it going.

AUTO TO MANUAL 740 TURBO
Is it much to convert a 1990 turbo 740 to manual in $s? My auto is fine but as I don't drive a lot I miss the gear change and control a manual gives. Is much of an effort and which manual box is best...
2
2

Volvo 850 Speedometer
My speedometer stops working at speeds above 45 mph. I've heard it may be the Vehicle Speed Sensor. Is this probable? If so, where on the differential is it located? It is a 1997 850.

Amazing coincidence
On July 27th I e-mailed a colleague whom I know has a 2000-ish S80(I think), Volvo car. I knew he had problems in the past with glitches, bugs, super-expensive electronics repair, etc. I was reading...
2
2

'90 760 turbo -- those damned switches!
Gustav has developed yet another small problem. I've rebuilt the window switches a couple of times over the years and they work, mostly. Now it's the sunroof switch. The nylon roller apparently...

Looking to purchase asking opnions
I am looking to purchase either a US, XC90 or XC70 I am both concerned about Fuel Economy and Power Currently my "wagon" has 250 hp and pulls a 2000lbs loaded motorcycle trailer. I find it strange...