240 air mass sensor 1987 volvo

Hi! Have an 87 where I think air mass sensor is shot- nissing screen, acorns inside, etc. - I have an extra air mass sensor that is almost new

-its a 280 212-002 - with aluminum case - the one I took out of the 87 is a 280 212 007- same connector- will this be acceptable?. Any help is appreciated . ignatz

-- Message posted using

information at

ignatz

the aluminum case unit you have is not the proper part for your '87. You could try it, the worst it could do is not work and send codes to the computer.

According to the iPd parts listing:

0280212002 is for 1983-1984 engines w/Bosch LH 2.1 fuel injection 0280212007 is for 1985-1988 engines w/Bosch LH 2.2 fuel injection

link to all they carry:

each part for its application. mkl

Reply to
mlenk64

Hi! Thanx for the info - tried it and it runs rich but seems to idle better- will be looking for another to try. thanx, bob

-- Message posted using

information at

ignatz