240 in good shape for sale in Southern Calif (not running)

My 1981 240 (actually a 244) ate it's fuel distributor and I've decided not to fix it.

It's been replaced with a 1991 940 Turbo that my mechanic had for sale.

The 240 is in pretty good condition considering it's over 20 years old. The plastic speedometer drive gear in the transmission stripped itself about a year ago... the speedometer says 243,00 miles, I estimate that it has about 250k to 255k on it...

The car has: Brown interior green paint (hood is shedding the clear coat, rest of the car is fine) Seats seriously need re-upholstering but are intact and complete Engine needs fuel distributor

3-spd auto trans rebuilt less than 2 years ago (not the overdrive version) Copper radiator less than 2 years old All sheet metal is straight and NO rust Tires are less than 2 years old in-tank low pressure pump replaced about 6 months ago.

I have spares: one set of injectors and the high pressure hoses for them one high pressure fuel pump several trim parts

I'd really like to sell the car intact rather than part it out as I have no space to dismantle the vehicle and sell off the pieces... and with work and other obligations I honestly don't have sufficient daylight hours to part it out.

In short, if you can fix or swap the fuel distributor, and can live without a speedometer, this is a pretty good deal.

Mike Morris

Reply to
Mike

Could fix the speedo fairly easily too and it'd be a decent car, not in my area though.

Reply to
James Sweet

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 19:14:00 GMT, "James Sweet" was reputed to say:

a year ago...

Dealer says the speedometer gear is no longer available. But

240s from that vintage are fairly comon in the junkyards. You'd want the gear and speedo cable.

Just realized that I have a complete spare instrument cluster too.

And where is that, just out of curiosity?

Mike

Reply to
Mike

about a year ago...