91 940 Turbo questions?

Replaced my dead 81 240 with a 91 940 Turbo, and it came without an owners manual. Anybody got an extra?

And secondly, is adding a cruise control to this car a big effort? Or is it already there and I can't find it...

What's the most likely reason for a dead power antenna? I've checked the fuse...

What's the most likely reason for a dead sunroof? It makes a noise when I try an open it, so the motor is trying...

Mike

Reply to
Mike

I'd be shocked if it didn't, usually it's on the left stalk.

Check the voltage back at the antenna, it might be the antenna itself that's dead, or it could be the wire to the radio that tells it to go up.

Mechanical jam most likely, could be simple or it could be a real pain.

Reply to
James Sweet

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 19:12:13 GMT, "James Sweet" was reputed to say:

Left stalk has only the turn signals and high beam switch.

Time to go to the junkyard and pull a crusie control kit.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Before I write anything else - great choice! I've got one too and it's the best Volvo I've had yet (prev.: 340 dl & gle, 240 gl, 740 gl).

Get onto ebay and you'll find an owners manual for the change in your wallet.

There's no cruise control on mine and I don't think it was fitted as standard. It was an option on the 960 (I think), but not sure about

940.

I have a switch to the side of the steering wheel that I have to flick to get the antenna to go up. It's quite handy actually, but you might not have realised it's their. Other possibility is, if you've got a non-Volvo stereo, it may not have been connected properly, or it might simply have come loose at the back. There's an antenna cable that plugs into the stereo. Slide out the unit and take a look.

Careful with that dead sunroof. I won't venture to suggest how you might go about fixing it, apart from the very obvious, give it a good wash. If the sunroof hasn't been used for a long time, it's possible that damp and gunk has superglued it in it's space on the roof. Use a flat plastic spatula and run around the seal to make sure that it's not got stuck. The warning is because I once set about trying to fix my sunroof without paying attention to the weather forecast! If it turns out to be a bigger job than you expect, you might end up with a bit of a shower in the front seats!

Tim

Reply to
tands

In article , wrote: :Before I write anything else - great choice! I've got one too and it's :the best Volvo I've had yet (prev.: 340 dl & gle, 240 gl, 740 gl). : :Get onto ebay and you'll find an owners manual for the change in your :wallet. : :There's no cruise control on mine and I don't think it was fitted as :standard. It was an option on the 960 (I think), but not sure about :940.

i had had two '91 940Ts. one had cruise, the current does not. a '92

960 has cruise and from the manual it is standard. : :I have a switch to the side of the steering wheel that I have to flick :to get the antenna to go up. It's quite handy actually, but you might :not have realised it's their. Other possibility is, if you've got a :non-Volvo stereo, it may not have been connected properly, or it might :simply have come loose at the back. There's an antenna cable that plugs :into the stereo. Slide out the unit and take a look.

the radio should be connected so that putting it on sets the antenna to erect. true of all the volvo antennae of that era. there is also a switch. the factory radio is connected that way. my two replacements were so connected.

: :Careful with that dead sunroof. I won't venture to suggest how you :might go about fixing it, apart from the very obvious, give it a good :wash. If the sunroof hasn't been used for a long time, it's possible :that damp and gunk has superglued it in it's space on the roof. Use a :flat plastic spatula and run around the seal to make sure that it's not :got stuck. The warning is because I once set about trying to fix my :sunroof without paying attention to the weather forecast! If it turns :out to be a bigger job than you expect, you might end up with a bit of :a shower in the front seats!

this one is a mess to work with. i had one sun roof somehow get into a stuck partially open but off the rails position. the motors were ok, but themechanics had to replace rails and wires.

Reply to
arthur wouk

Great car, good luck with it.

Don