240 indicator fault

`93 Volvo 240, indicator relay buzzes when indicate either way. Have swapped relay out with a good one, same fault. Any ideas? TIA Bob Larder

Reply to
Robert Larder

Did you check the bulbs? Does the hazard flasher work? Fuses good and not corroded?

Reply to
James Sweet

Reply to
Robert Larder

Hi Bob,

These 240 fuses have always been a problem. I solved it by throwing out all the usual "grey/silver" ended fuses which seem to set up a galvanic reaction with the copper/brass spring contacts. I cleaned up the contacts by scraping and wire-brushing them then coating them with dialectric grease. I found fuses similar to the originals but with copper ends to match the copper contacts (at a VW supplier, sad to say......).

Result, no more corrosion.

Good Luck. Andy I.

: >

: > Did you check the bulbs? Does the hazard flasher work? Fuses good and not : > corroded? :

Reply to
Andy

(at a VW supplier, sad to say......).

Know it or not but the 240 and a VW golf (rabbit) use alot of the same electrical parts. Others as well.

Mario Well over a year into the wifes 240 and still under $150 total cost. :o)

Reply to
Kafertoys

They both have Bosch electrical and fuel systems so that isn't surprising.

Reply to
James Sweet