Ford Mondeo 1999 Indicator Beeping

Hi would appreciate it if anybody knows the answer to this - it

annoying me. I've got a 2.0lt GLX Mondeo V reg, when I indicate to g right sometimes I get a beeping noise in time with the indicator. I'v checked and all appear to be working ok - anybody got any ideas wha this means? Would appreciate your help as in time may effect my sanity

-- MikeA

Reply to
MikeA

got a towbar fitted? could be the trailer beep working.

Reply to
bongo

MikeA ( snipped-for-privacy@autobanter.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

If there's a towbar, it may well be that the wiring to the socket is shorting out and making the audible warning for the trailer indicators think the trailer indicators are working, perhaps due to water in the socket.

Reply to
Adrian

Thanks very much, that sounds like it probably is the reason... Hav got a towbar fitted - only bought the car last couple of months, bu only seems to be a problem when its wet. Guess it is just a case o removing a few bolts to get the towbar off so will whip it off thi weekend

-- MikeA

Reply to
MikeA

Umm.. yes it probably is only a few bolts to get the towbar itself off - but they'll be under the boot carpet etc and could be a right pain.

And it's not the towbar itself it's all the wiring that you need to take off as well - which may be Scotch-lokked, twisted and taped or (if you are very lucky) just a proper plug depending how cowboyish the fitters were.

There are also reasons to leave it on - if ever you have a bike rack on the back it's often legally required to use a trailer board so the lights and plate still show up, it's also renowned for reducing your damage when you get rear ended, or somebody reverses into you when parking.

Sort the electrics out instead, it's probably just a loose wire, or water, in the socket.

Reply to
PC Paul

Think your're probably right - the towbar will provide a useful extr bumper as I live in London and have got limited time to sort it out a the moment - I'll just waterproof the tow bar power socket wit something.

Thanks for your advice

-- MikeA

Reply to
MikeA