240 overheating

I just arrived home from buying a 240 in San Francisco. As I was driving across the Arizona Death Valley I noticed that as I went up hills or mountains that the temp. gauge went almost to red zone, almost every time.. Any advise would be helpful, ma says that the temp. sensor is probably in the front of the engine and that when the car was leaning back on the hills that the sensor was more likely to read hot... Please help. Joseph

Reply to
jsegura525

The location of the sensor makes no difference, it's around the middle of the cylinder head and the coolant is flowing at a pretty quick rate.

Clogged radiator can cause this, marginal fan clutch, stuck thermostat, etc.

Reply to
James Sweet