3rd Party Car Alarm

I have a 1998 S70 with a Commando Car Alarm that I installed about 3 years ago. So far the thing has been awsome asside from having to replace a few fuses. My new problem is that when I remote start the car now the AC/Heat will not come on. No settings have been changed on the alarm and looking at the AC when I get in the car, the AC and radio do not have any power. However when I turn on the car w/ the key everything comes on the way it should. Could this be a problem with the alarm not giving enough power to the AC & radio or do I have another problem that I am not thinking of?

Kurt

Reply to
Kurt Luchtman

There are 2 different circuits that are on when the ignition is in the on position. One includes the things that have to be on when the starter motor is operation (fuel pump and ignition for example) and the other includes of things that don't need to be on (like heaters and lights) that are switched off during cranking so more power is available to the starter motor. Your remote starter isn't switching this circuit on.

Reply to
Mike F

Great, so it's back the wiring diagram for me then. I have the wire diagram here, can you tell me which one provides power to these units so that I am not taking out the whole security system and putting it back in. :)

12V Starter Ignition Second Ignition Third Ignition Accessory Second Accessory

I am assuming you don't need to know the wire color's.

Kurt

Reply to
Kurt Luchtman

There are relays that the ignition switch turns on to provide this power. The one for the heater is the "X" supply, which is the yellow-violet wire. The ignition switch sends power to this wire by connecting it to the red-black wire. You also need to to have the alarm connect this red-black wire to the blue-yellow (15I) if you want the seat heaters to work. The green-yellow (15A) wire powers fuses 2,3 & 4. Please use proper relays, one per circuit, and make sure all connections are good and well insulated, so you don't fry your car. Personally, I'm not in favour of this type of device.

Reply to
Mike F