740 brakes

hi all, need help, my brake lights are out on my 1991 740 wagon, replaced all light bulbs, brake light switch on pedal and checked all the fuses. still no brake lights,I don.t know what to look at next. anybody have any ideas. thanks gary v

Reply to
hardl;abor

Check the bulb failure sensor, it's a red can in the relay panel. Solder joints occasionally crack on the circuit board.

Reply to
James Sweet

Reply to
hardl;abor

In mine the relays are in the fuse panel behind the ash tray. '91 may be different though, the owner's manual of the car should show you where that stuff is.

Reply to
James Sweet

I could scan and post a picture of the page in the manual but its not allowed is it James?

Reply to
Mark

There's lots of places to post a picture and then post a link to the page. If it's under 2MB you could email it to me and I can host it.

Reply to
James Sweet