740 Estate Rear right brake light not working.

Changed the bulb also the circuit breaker / fuse but it still wont work. Anything else obvious for me to check

Reply to
noreply

The socket itself is a good thing to check. The connection of the ground wire to the chassis can also cause the bulb not to work right, but that usually causes the bulb to light dimly and the all parking light / tail light bulbs to glow faintly when the brake is pressed.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Check the bulb failure sensor, it's a red can in the relay tray. I've had to resolder the circuit boards in a couple of these when the taillights stopped working.

Reply to
James Sweet