740 gl again

How do you remove the ignition switch mechanism? It seems to me that you would get the oxy cutter out and start at the boot,(aus) trunk,(American) and cut off everything that does not look like the ignition switch till you get at it.

Reply to
F Murtz

F Murtz wrote

Please post the video on Youtube!

Reply to
Roger Hunt

The Column Lock or the Starter Switch ??

Reply to
GlennK

Just the starter switch, although if the whole contraption is removable it would be easier to work on. I am having starter problems where the solenoid is not energized sometimes.Could be switch on neutral or park. Is there a switch on seat belt? (seatbelt has not stopped it before)Is there any thing else in start circuit.

Reply to
F Murtz

I did read that before asking the question but can not find little pin to push and in any case there is no room above to get at if it exists. Is this pin one inch from front of cylinder or back? I did see a pin on left between cylinder and column but it wont move. This description only would get cylinder out anyway, not switch mechanism. My problem seems insurmountable so far.

Reply to
F Murtz

I checked the switches on gear shift and they work but the ignition sw does not seem to send power to starter. So I am going to have to remove ignition switch and I can not see how yet.

Reply to
F Murtz