740 tire question

The left front tire on my 87 740GLE has a slow leak. I immersed the wheel in water and found that there were 6 or 7 small air leaks in adjacent grooves in the tread along about an 8 inch section of tire. My first question, which is not Volvo specific, is whether such a leak can be repaired or whether it would be inadvisable to even attempt repair since multiple leaks may indicate structural damage. The other issue is that my two front tires are Pirelli P400 and the current good one has only a few thousand miles on it because it was replaced recently due to sidewall damage. If I need to replace the leaking tire should I attempt to get a matching P400 or can I safely put on another brand tire?

Ray

Reply to
Raymond Cruz

You should replace the leaking tire with one that matches the P400, it's always a good idea to have matched tires on an axel.

Reply to
James Sweet