745 starting problem, earthing faults ?

Hello !

Anybody having experienced of a problems to start your 745, at temperature levels of about +1 to +8 Celsius (I have a 1988 model). Not any problem at colder temperature. In the temperature range of about +1 to +8 Celsius it looks like the engine does not ignite anything, or very sporadic, but if engine starts it comes white and black smoke from exhaust. (too much fuel?) If it does not start, I can wait 15 minutes, and then the engine starts almost without any problem.

I have no problem with the battery, enough power seems to be available.

My guess is that I have some kind of earthing problem somewhere giving too little power to electronic ignition parts. Anybody that have similar experience, or have information about earthing in the car, or where is the electronic ignition 'box' located ? hints ?

Regards Bjorn

Reply to
Bjorn Berglund