84 240GLE Stereo

Greetings all,

The Beast has the original Volvo 4 Microprocessor ESD Unit still in place. This morning the front speakers decided not to work. I have a quick question before I pull it out. Does this unit have a separate amp for the front speakers or is the fader simply a two in/four out switch? If it has a separate amp it looks like I may be up for a new stereo.

Cheers,

Paul

Reply to
PM

I am not sure about the your year but my 91 240 had a amp. I doubt yours does and if it does have an amp then it only controls 2 speakers. To make sure it has an amp. There should be a data cord/connection the back of the radio(not the intenna or the wirring harnas for the power and all). This cord will go to the amp. The amp is in the bottom space near the shifter. takes alot of work but it is worth it. I had to find the amp and do all the instaling myself. good luck.

Reply to
Kyle Christensen

Yea thats what i did. I have a Sony Xplode cd/receiver It works Awesome. I didnt have to rewire my speaker wires in my car( unlike what circuit city said) If you need any help i can tell you what wires do what and so forth. I have done everything the hard way.

Reply to
Kyle Christensen

...Well I can see how Circuit City might be confused, they probably figured over the years SOMEHOW a speaker demanded more then the two wires that they have been using since... well... since speakers were made most likely.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Reply to
Rob Guenther