850 Remote door lock control batteries - lifetime?

How long do the two batteries CR1220 in the original remote door lock control of your 850 Volvos last? I replaced a pair maybe two months ago with two cheap pieces and though in my opinion I do not use them heavily, they are empty again. Now I have paid a little fortune for two VARTA batteries and expect them to last longer. Since friends with other newer cars tell me they have their remote control batteries for much longer time I wonder how long the batteries last in these gadgets. Viktor

Reply to
franz47

franz47 schrieb:

I owned my 850 T5 from Dec 95 until Nov 2001 and I never changed the remote control's battery. I used the the car almost dayily.

Joerg

Reply to
Joerg Lorenz

My '95 850 (owned since new) has 155,000 km on it. I use the remote to open it every time. I've never changed the remote batteries.

Java

Reply to
Espressopithecus (Java Man)

"Joerg Lorenz" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:46c0ad69$0$16117$ snipped-for-privacy@newsspool1.arcor-online.net...

That is what I suspected! I usually have quite a bunch of keys in my pocket with the remote control and the pushbutton is moving at very gentle pressure so either the pushbutton is kept activated involuntarily often or there is a problem inside the remote control. I will start using the second unit and see whether it lasts longer. Viktor

Reply to
franz47