850 T5 stalling

Good day gentlemen/ladies

I had a bit of a scare whilst driving on the highway at approx 100 kmh. The car stalled/ switched off. I was off throttle and when I tried accelerating ...nothing. I pulled off onto the emergency lane , turned the ignition off, selected park and tried starting The car started on the 4th attempt. I have replaced the turbo control valve. The MAF sensor might be a culprit, but I suspect the gearbox position sensor( inhibitor switch). My reasoning : the gearbox on startup goes into winter mode. I rectify this by engaging gears , letting the oil settle a bit. (gearbox has been flushed and oil changed) This problem has been with me a while. Is the inhibitor switch the same as the PNP switch ? Could this cause the ECU to switch the car off ? P.s the car is a 1994 850 T5 auto Thank you

Reply to
Jay Pillay

engaging

Reply to
bdoon51

engaging

I have this problems , not often, but occasionally and not when accelerating...usally in Park ...have a 98 S70 t5...have no answers and the codes my shop ran and pulled did not indicate a specific problem. ...they did mention turbo valve connections though.

Reply to
bdoon51

Oh yeah...when my car stalls it starts right up but need to accel somewhat firm....also have noticed this clicking sound in Park /idle and then the engine revs alittle ...then does this over and over like clockwork...did not do this in cold weather (its 85 degrees here in the Balt-Wash DC area today) just stalled occasionally.

Reply to
bdoon51

My problem never re-curred (4 days now) but its a pity I cant replicate it on demand. Just scary not knowing when it will re-cur , especially with the wife the driver most times.

Reply to
Jay Pillay

I have replaced the inhibitor switch.

Will have to wait and see , hopefully wont have transmission issues anymore!!

Reply to
Jay Pillay