850 Trip Computer

The trip computer on our 850 has started acting funny. The display in the dash shows numbers in the correct format, but they do not make any sense, including the odometer. The one exception is the air temperature reading. It seems to be correct. I don't know if the actual computing is done in the dash unit where the display is or somewhere else. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated for if it comes to replacing a part, I would sure like to figure out in advance just which one. Thanks Brad

Reply to
Mystical

Not sure I can help with you specific problem, but I believe that the 850 actually has at least three computers that all need to talk to each other for the instrument display to work. In addition to the one in the trip computer, there is one in the speedometer and one in the transmission. I would take it to an experienced mechanic who can test each of the units.

Gus

Reply to
Gus