850 wagon gas mileage

That's with a manual transmission. The slushbox on a 240 saps 2-3 mpg on average.

Reply to
James Sweet

Since my V70 is a 98 I understand that there is no flame trap!

Any other thoughts on where my oil may be going? The Check Engine Light is on and I get an 072 message, rich fuel, etc.

Thanks!

Stephen Henn>

Reply to
Inno

I get the same gas mileage with 89 and 87 so 87 is much cheaper for me. I never got as low as 16. It is always between 23 and 25 around town in both the '93 and '95 850 wagon nonturbos. My '01 V70 XC AWD turbo gets

20 to 22 around town. They both all around 30 on the highway.
Reply to
Stephen Henning