850 warning lights not extinguishing

Driving to work last night I stopped in heavy traffic and waited and waited then finally switched the engine off.On restarting the only warning lights to go out were the oil pressure,tracs.air bag and abs. All the others remained on. Also the heater fan will only run in manual and not in the auto positIon. On starting up to return home things were the same so I got home a had a look around but could find nothing obvious. I tried to restart but the battery had gone flat which has been removed and is on charge now.The alternator belt is fine and nothing else seems amiss. Any ideas Cheers Steve

remove nospam to reply

Reply to
yellowwolf

This is classic dead alternator symptoms. Don't worry about the heater fan not working in automatic until you have the voltage supply fixed - computers have a way of needing a certain voltage before they work properly.

Reply to
Mike F