86 740GLE refused to start

I am the original owner of a 86 740GLE with a B230F engine with 330,000KM. It is in good running condition. I never had any problem starting the engine in winters. The outdoor temperature here was about -15 to -20C in the last few days, which is pretty common here during January. My car is always kept indoors overnight. It started 2 days ago, when I cranked the engine, it kicked in right away. It ran very rough, but did not stall. I could drive it but not exceeding 20 to 25Km. About few minutes later, everything returns to normal.

I thought the gasline might have been frozen, so last night I poured a little bottle of gasline antifreeze (containing isopropyl alcohol) into the tank. This morning when I cranked the engine, it kicked in as usual. It ran idle very rough for about 30 seconds then quit. I cranked again, the starter was able to turn the engine, but it refused to kick in. I did not hear any explosive noise when I cranked the engine. Was the gas line really frozen? Or was it something else? Your help is appreciated.

Victor Toronto

Reply to
Victor