2001 celica high beam problem

2001 Celica. High beam light stays on when outside but goes out when dark. Dealer can?t find out what is wrong. Anyone seen this before?
Reply to
Caesar

This makes no sense. "stays on when outside"? The opposite is "goes off when inside". Are you talking about the car being indoors? In the garage?

Then, there's "goes out when dark". Are you saying that during the day, the high beams don't work?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Sorry if not the case, but I'm beginning to think these guys from Autoboardz are trolls...or Fools.

He's talking about the high-beam light (indicator) INSIDE the car. He is wrongly confusing the DRL indicator with the High Beam indicator, and the reason it "goes out" when it's dark is because he is turning the lights on fully!

The reason the Dealer could not find the problem...is because there IS none...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Hmmm....

Meanwhile, I'm trying to deal with my windshield washer, which has stopped working as of yesterday. The tank's got fluid. The tubes attached to the hood are black, so no way to get a visual clue. I can hear the pump working. The car ran for 3 hours yesterday, including some long idling time, so I don't think the tubes or nozzles are frozen. But, it's been around 10 degrees here. The tank (in the Tacoma) sits below any heat source in the engine compartment. So, my theory is that the fluid my mechanic added was crap, and some fitting at the bottom of the tank is frozen. I'm about to warm up some fluid indoors, to baby bottle temperature, and see if it helps.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom