New CA Smog Law

Debra Chervenka

David Gravereaux

Wait....I'm confused now. Are cars 30 years old exempt or are they not? The two previous posters seem to have presented conflicting information. David sent a link that said all cars that are NOW 30 years old are completely exempt. Model years 76 and above must wait until they are 35 years old then still have to pass a smog? What the hell is going on?

I'm planning on moving to CA in a few years and I need to understand this garbage. I have a '73. From what I understood earlier, it was completely exempt from any sort of smog check. It still is? Or do I need to wait until it's 35, then get less stringent checks on it? WTF?!

*confused*

~Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

I looked at the ABC news article again and it is in error: they should have written "30 years and younger". Sorry I missed the error before linking it to you. I called CA Senator's Hollingsworth office and verified that David's info is correct.

Deb 71SB

Reply to
Debra Chervenka