90 240 DL Front Seats

I need seats for my 240, and especially a seatback on the driver side? If I can't locate one is this a rebuilable situation? The front seatback seams almost broken or crushed on one side and can givr you a good backache if you drive it very long. The interior is tan cloth.

Reply to
Bllbrs

YES! It is a rebuildable situation. You can get replacement foam from either the pick&pull yards (even get entire seats for short $$), get new foam from IPD, or have a local car upholsterer help you out. The seat covers come off by untwisting the the fasteners at the bottom of the seat, then peeling up the seat covers. The knobs and headrests pull off; at least with my '84. I hope this helps.

NickZ

Bllbrs wrote:

Reply to
Nick Zervas

what the original poster needs is the backrest frame the weld brakes @ the bottom causing the seat to lean to one side causing the foam to wear away & in some cases the seat skin to also wear I do not remember the price of the frame I think it was about $200.00

Reply to
G Klein