'90 740GL: Front End Bushings cost $30 a piece?

Hi everyone I just picked up a 1990 740GL Wagon and as it would turn out the bushings in the front end costs $30 a piece and are a dealer only part. That seems pretty insane for a piece of rubber...are there any other sources for replacement parts other than the dealer that would carry them (like Victoria British and Motorsport for the Datsun world)?

Thanks Fred

Reply to
freddyp

Which bushings? Are they the conical ones on the strut arms or whatever those things are called?

sells poly bushings that last longer, I think they're about the same price though, yeah they're kinda pricey but you don't have to change them very often, that's an expensive car and uses expensive parts.

Reply to
James Sweet

I'd think twice about the poly bushings. Very solid and not very forgiving. I had to buy them for my 85 about 2 years ago and they cost me 25 or so then. It pegged my bs meter too. Pretty expensive for 4 pieces of rubber.

Reply to
Sandjicpl

Depends on the ride you want I suppose, I very much like the solid firm sporty feel of poly. The price isn't bad compared to those stupid blue bulbs used behind the switches that cost around $3 each at the dealer, clear ones are a fraction of that at any autoparts store.

Reply to
James Sweet

Give this URL a look:

jdunville

There are several internet parts places that sell those bushings (assuming you're talking about the conical bushings), but these need to be good ones (pick the Boge brand if you can) or you have brake vibration problems. There have been lists of these places posted here before, maybe you can find one in Google, or maybe someone will repost.

Reply to
Mike F