'91 240 headlights out

A friend's '91 245 suddenly lost headlights. If you hold in the high beam selector the high beams will stay on, the marker lights and dash lights work when the parking lights are on but they go out when the headlights are selected. All the fuses are good, what else can cause this?

Reply to
James Sweet

It's probably the relay. Easy to replace, tricky to find. On my '89 it was in front of the driver's left foot, under the carpet and behind a black metal plate. When I dissected it, it was full of water.

-----

-RL

Reply to
Robert Lutwak

Didn't realize there was a relay, is it one of those little metal ones or a plastic relay?

Reply to
James Sweet

Starting in '86 the 240s headlights shut off with the ignition, by way of one of those 1 cubic inch bosch relays.

Reply to
Mike F