91 240 window switch

New guy here. Any trick to removing the driver side window switches. I think they need cleaning. I feel like I might break something if I pry to hard.

Reply to
waterdogguy

Pry away. it pops out. If you get scared pop the door panel off and push it out from the inside. There is a keeper that prevents the switches from popping out when you push them. Remove it, pry the switches out. You can remove the indivual switches , diasect it and clean the contacts with emery cloth or a file. Should work like new again.

Reply to
Rod Gray

Actually, these ones are mounted in the armrest, so no door panel removement needed. Pry the 2 plugs out of the armrest, remove the 2 screws hiding under them, and a third one up at the front. Then you can move the lower part of the armrest away from the door and slide the switch cluster out. (To finish removing the armrest rotate it about the remaining attachment at the top about 90 degrees either way.)

Reply to
Mike F

Thanks guys, you give me a start now.

Reply to