92 240 Radio Install

I bought an Alpine CDA-9885 CD player, a kit and a wiring harness for my volvo. I removed the old POS radio, no problems. Now I am not sure what to do. With most cars you just connect the new radio's wires to the harness wires, plug and play. What is it that i do not know about Volvos? The Metra wiring harness came with two different harnesses and neither of them have little prongs inside that line up with the factory radio's prongs. It looks like I got the wrong harness but that package says "Volvo 240 series 90-93."

This is turning out to be tougher than I thought. Does anyone speak this language?

Josh

Reply to
Josh Markette

What does the harness you got look like? I've installed radios in several

240s and the wiring always plugged right in. Seems like I did have to install a connector on the rear speakers though, at least the older 240s used an external amp for those which needs to be bypassed.
Reply to
James Sweet