Car Radio/CD Player Install - Help Please ...

I bought a new CD Player/Radio Tuner for my Nissan 240SX. Earlier there was a Sony CD Player which got stollen.

After making the connections, Radio/CD player light comes on but no sound from any of the speakers. I took an external speaker from my music system and connected it to CD Player leaving every other wiring intact. I could hear CD playing.

So I see the problem is with Speaker wiring from the Dash board to actual speakers.

How to figure out which wire is connected to the speaker. Any easy way other than opening the side panels.

Reply to
Enthusiast

Cheers, Geoff Glave Vancouver, Canada

Reply to
Geoff Glave

What year 240sx? Are the factory wiring harnesses and connectors still intact or was it all hacked and spliced into the old CD player? Chances are the Sony did not use the same pin out as your new CD and the wiring is wrong.

I have the manual for the S13 240sx. If that's what you have, I can tell you which wires go to each speaker.

Reply to
E. Meyer

What I have is "1993 Nissan 240SX". The old Sony CD Player's audio wires are still there with each wire marked - Front-Right +; Front-Left -; Rear Left +... etc... Connecting to those wires is not helping. There are 20-30 wires in that bunch. Do I need to literally trace each wire to the speaker ?

Reply to
Enthusiast

Did nissan use an external amp ? probably so, so in the rear speaker plug is an extra wire that is blue/white that needs

12v acc. you may need some resistors in-line (+) on each speaker lead if it overdrives the amp.
Reply to
Im Right