1991 245 U-Joint - size?

I'm going to replace the u-joints on my 245 while the drive shaft is out for centre bearing replacement. The parts house lists two different ones: 3" and 3-1/8"

Any easy way to decide which ones to order, short of taking the car out of service to dismantle it?

Thanks...

Reply to
<fargo

buy both, take the remaining one back.

j.

Reply to
cognite tute

Check the diameter of the driveshaft. The 3-1/8inch is for 50.8inch diameter driveshafts. The 3inch is for 44.5inch diameter driveshafts.

Reply to
FLobresco

Reply to
FLobresco

[ ... ]

Ummm... those are some extremely large drive shafts.

Perhaps you meant 50.8mm and 44.5mm?

Gary

Reply to
Gary Heston

Years ago when I bought some brake pads, the guy at the parts shop told me to buy both and return the one I didn't need. It's not really any trouble for them if you don't damage the part, they just put it back on the shelf.

Reply to
James Sweet

Yes, mm is what I meant. Thanks Gary

Reply to