92 960 wagon rear wiper

the intermitant rear wiper is not working, the regular wiper works fine. I have tried a new relay and a new motor from my parts car wirh no difference. When its in the pulse mode the motor makes a small clunk, but nothing happens.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Padrea

Reply to
padrea

Hello Padrea:

I've seen this issue in the past and experienced the same thing on my '93 240 wagon.

In my case it turned out to be an "break" in the passenger side rear hatch wiring harness--but one that was not visible on inspection.

My intermittent funcion was working sometimes but not at others.

I replaced the harness (about $10 from Eeuroparts.com) and all was well after the 20 minutes required to replace the harness.

Note that I also found a problem with the ground wire on the hinge.

Also.. wires for the rear wiper are the blue and yellow, so that should help if you want to check continuity etc.

While I'm not saying that the problem on your car is from the same cause, since it's a '90 my bet is that the harness may not be in great shape--and so $10 is not a bad way to see if replacement resolves the issue.

Good Luck,

Doc

Reply to
doc