Rear Wiper on 89 RR

Hi all

I am wondering if any of you could point me in the right direction with a problem that is annoying me. My rear wiper works sometimes and others it doesn't. Sometimes it works real slow and others it is normal speed. Most times it doesnt park at all. Sometimes it cuts out when it it working and wont restart without maual help

Motor or relay??? Is there a relay somwhere that covers the timing or parking and if so where would it be?

Thanks

Hugh

Reply to
Hugh Hogan

Quite likely to be the output shaft (to which the arm attaches) being partially seized in the housing. You could try introducing some penetrating oil down the shaft after pealing back the rubber boot followed up by some heavier lubricant once (if) free. I've found this to be only a temporary fix - longer term, bite the bullet and take the motor off. Dismantle, free off, re-lubricate etc.. Not a very nice job especially if your headlining is still in place.

Reply to
Dougal

I had a similar problem on a brand new cavalier some years ago. I had the car for about 12 years and every time I took it into a garage they said it was the motor. For several years I had motors replaced regularly under warranty but the problem always came back after a day or so of being "fixed". I got it sorted by running a supplementary earth wire from the body of the motor to the chassis and that lasted for about 5 years. Shortly before I sold it, the problem came back though. By that time I couldn't be a****d to try to fix it again!

TonyB

Reply to
TonyB