'93 240 speaker mounts

Well, the speaker mount on the driver's door of my '93 240 finally cracked enough that it fell off the door. The pop rivets are still in the door.

Any suggestions how to fix this?

Reply to
Chuck Fiedler

Pick up some less cracked ones at your local pick a part?

On my '83, I bought some Polks that fit in the hole. They were too deep though, so instead of mounting the plastic bezel over the top of the speaker, I put the bezel between the speaker and door. Had to clip the corners of the sheetmetal on the speaker to fit inside the bezel and pop the middle of the grill out a bit to clear the tweeter cone but they don't look too bad. And sound great.

Reply to
clay

I got some of these at a junkyard for my '84 240, I had to drill out the rivets and then I used machine screws with washers and nuts to hold them on the door panels of the 242. If they are not cracked too badly you can use this method, if a larger chunk has broken out, superglue or plastic weld epoxy should get them back together, then use the screws, they work better than rivets.

Reply to
James Sweet