Corolla speaker removal ?

Hi, I have a 1995 Corolla, I need to replace the front speakers. How do I get to them ? can I just remove the grill that is on th door ? How do I remove the grills ? Do I have to remove the door panel ? Please...help.. Need tunes.... Thanks Mike

Reply to
bettinamike

I believe that you need to remove the inner door panels to get to the speakers.

Reply to
Ray O

Nah...remove the OUTER door panels! ;)

Yeah..that's exactly it! The 'grilles' look like they are removable, but they aren't!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Check the free online guide at Autozone.com:

Speakers:

Doors:

bett> Hi, I have a 1995 Corolla, I need to replace the front speakers.

Reply to
johngdole

Thanks for the links, but the speaker removal one is wrong, at least for the back deck. You have to remove the entire back deck to remove them, not just pop up the grills like the Autozone site says.

Reply to
Pete Moss

IF you buy speakers from Crutchfield, they give you instructions and any hardware you should need for installation.

Reply to
Danny Taggart

I allready have the speakers, I only need some instructions on how to remove window handle, and other parts to remove door panel.

Thanks Mike :?:

"Danny Taggart" wrote: > IF you buy speakers from Crutchfield, they give you > instructions and any > hardware you should need for installation.

Reply to
bettinamike

If you have a manual window, the crank is held on with a C-shaped wire clip. If you push the inner door panel towards the outer door panel around the crank, you may be able to see the C-clip. Pop the clip off with a small screwdriver, or use a rag to snag the end of the clip and work it off.

Look at the underside of the arm rest for plastic plugs. Pop the plugs out with a small screwdriver to reveal the screws that hold the arm rest in place.

There may be a screw holding the trim bezel around the door release - if so, remove it.

Starting at the bottom of the door, carefully pull the inner door panel away from the rest of the door and work your way around the bottom and sides. Once all of the clips are released, lift up where the weatherstrip runs along the window.

Reply to
Ray O

Hey, i dont know how much it helps you, but on my carolla (1998) i have 3 metal screws and two screw release pop holders to remove.

This is fresh in my mind as i pulled my passenger door apart this afternoon using the aftermarket (haynes) manuals (these are worth paying the price to get, i dont care what anyone else says).

First the handrest insert should pop out with a small (4-5mm) flatblade screwdriver, work from the "outside" side of the door and release the two tabs at the end and 1/3 the way around, lift it out of the door.

Next using the same flatblade, lever out (from the front) the panel with the electric controls for car. Once its out, unplug any electric window/central locking gizmo?s from it. If you have the old manually opening windows. hey an old hankerchief and pull it around the centre spline of the hand window winder. you need to pop the circlip off the winder. From the pics (i have elec windows) it looks as if you put the ?chief under the winder and pull in the opposite direction to the handle towards the centre of the winder.

Once this is done, your on the home stretch, and its easy to get the rest off. Undo the two screws under the handrest and any screws hidden under little asthetics flaps (i didnt have any but as yours is older it may have them). Undo the screw in the middle of the door lever, slide the lever forward to unhook it from the trimming. Undo the screw pop tabs (they are pop secure tabs with a screw in the middle to secure them closed). and remove them. Then feel around the edge of the door, there should be some minor reliefs in the edge of the door where you can get grip on the trimming. pull out and away from the door along the bottom and bottom sides of the door to pop the poptabs out (man i dont know the technical names, but i hope you follow my ramblings).

once the bottom of the door has been released, then lift the door vertically to unhook the rubber glass seals on the top of the door from the mounts on the door frame. Turn the door around and work the handle through its gap, the newer cars appear to have the handle cavity fall out with that one screw being removed, theres no jiggery pokery needed to remove it.

Removing the speakers is the fun part. If they are like mine they are a custom design (to ensure it clears the glass of the window) with three pop rivets used to hold the speakers in place and the rivets are mounted about 25-30mm out from the edge of the speaker.

I?ve taken one speaker out (dremel routing tools kick arse, the grinder doesnt cut it, boom tish), and am planning on using it to make a template for making a plastic mount that raises my after market 6.5 inch speakers out from the door the same ammount as the stockers (raised about 1.2-1.5cm).

I hope this helps, you?ve got a helluva task ahead of you.

"bettinamike" wrote: > Hi, I have a 1995 Corolla, I need to replace the front

Reply to
mike-s