93 245 -- No start

My wife was driving our wagon (126K) on the freeway at about 50 mph and she went to accelerate and nothing. she was able to get over to the side of the road where the engine died completely. Don't know if it was sputtering, or engine completely cut out or what. Had it towed to the house, and I can't get it started.

Turns over and I get spark. Did the 6-4 fuse jumper and fuel pump works, so it is not the relay. What's the next thing to check, Crank position sensor? Car was running great before this, new plugs, distrib cap and rotor, just had tranny (auto) resealed and the mechanic went through the whole car and it checked out great except for a few minor things.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

-Gary

83 245 190xxx 93 245 126xxx
Reply to
Gary M.

Check where work was done. In particular, the distributor cap--it could be loose, as could the whole distributor. Check the timing; pull and check the plugs to see if they're fouled.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Heston