German Auto Parts -- VERY bad communications

Just to follow up. I ordered some crankshaft bearings (.020") from German Auto Parts

They seemed to be the only place showing they had these bearings in stock, and their price was about $45 cheaper than the dealer, so I ordered and paid for them.

After a few days I inquired as to the status of the order. After 5 days I was finally e-mailed saying the products was back-ordered.

So, if you know your part-number and they have it in stock, they appear to be well-priced.

If you need a reliable company that communicates well and keeps you informed of your purchase, German Auto Parts is NOT that company. I am very disappointed with this company and hope to pass this along to anyone who is trying to do repairs in a timely fashion.

They don't want you to call them to inquire, everything is done by e-mail - slowly.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

FCP Groton has continued to be very good at communicating. VLV world has been good, I haven't had any problems with an order, other than they didn't include a packing list with my shipment - but it was all there.

I'll be ordering from IPD soon and we'll see how that goes.

Reply to
Jamie

Lots of experience ordering from IPD and FCP Groton. They're both pretty good. The folks at Oregon are a little friendlier on the phone/

AC

Reply to
Aawara Chowdhury