1995 grand voyager had loud ticking noise in engine

1995 grand voyager had loud ticking noise in engine. I pulled in station and checked oil..OK...transmission fluid...low water....low....I tried to turn car back on to add transmission oil..Car making huge knocking noise, had to accelerate to get it started...Then it was so loud knocking and sputtering and rocking back and forth, I shut it off and towed home. 3.8 engine...
Reply to
Sue