93 850GLT HVAC

Hi Folks...

I'd appreciate some feedback on an hvac issue with my wife's 850. The door [floor, vent, defrost, etc.] function is not operating. Fan spped, heat and AC are fine. There are multiple DTC's recorded, most relating to door motor circuits open or shorted to ground, except for "intake air motor seized" [DTC 414 I believe]. My schematic and diagnostic information is coming from Snap-On Shop Key, limited information at best. My intuition suggests that a seized/shorted fan motor might bollox up the rest of that circuit leading to multiple overlapping DTCs. I'm a 240 guy with the usual aversion to tearing out half the dash to repair a fan motor. Any thoughts before I dive in ?

thanks wharf rat

Reply to
dupree8995

There's small controller that regulates the infinite speed adjustment for the motor that usually fails when the current draw from the motor becomes excessive. Pop out the glove box, underdash panel and knee bolster...the blower motor is right there. Pull it out and turn it by hand, if it seems stiff at all replace it. If it still doesn't work at all replace the controller.

Bob

Reply to
User